To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PenFed Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 2 months ago
PenFed Realty is hiring a Commissions Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to complete tasks required to process real estate brokerage transactions. Those tasks include verifying the accuracy of all transactional data required to accurately record gross commission income and all associated Agent and ancillary expenses included in the transactions. Commission Processors will also ensure that all transactions entered in the Transaction Processing System (Lone Wolf) are finalized as either closed/Agents paid or fallen through (canceled) in a timely manner.
Commissions Specialist will support the Accounting Department’s primary goals of maintain accurate financial records and providing excellent customer service to our Agents, other employees and outside stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Process all Fall Through transactions and ensure all required documentation is received for the fallen through transactions such as Escrow Release documents. Return escrows to clients if applicable.
- When commission payments are received, the Specialist will review the transactions for accuracy, ensure all required documents are attached to the transactions and issue commission payments to the Agents based on their contractual commission rates. The Specialist will provide feedback to the Agent Services Administrators (ASAs) if needed to correct the transactions prior to payments.
- Maintains electronic and paper department files and work papers.
- Assist ASAs with their assigned offices’ transaction records prior to settlement and train those associates when appropriate as directed by Management. Provides transaction processing training to Agent Services Administrators (ASAs)
- Providing feedback to the ASAs when they submit transactions with errors or omitted documents and responding to the ASAs’ emails requesting transaction processing information
- Process Same Day Pay requests and ensure all actions required to ensure that Agents are paid on the day of settlement are complete, including providing feedback to the requesting ASAs and/or Sales Office Managers regarding missing or inaccurate information.
- Play an active role in the Accounting Departments overarching goal of reconciling cash every day and recording all financial transactions accurately to the general ledger by maintaining great communication with the rest of the Accounting staff.
- Ensure that all Agent Billing activities that need to be processed through transactions are accurately recorded to transactions and Agent Billing statements by maintain great communication with the rest of the Accounting staff.
- Pay outside brokers accurately by maintaining great communication with Business Development team.
- Assist the other Accounting staff members as directed by the Commissions Supervisor or Management to complete other tasks that are required of the Accounting team such as assisting with the Accounts Payable process.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
Well versed in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Experience with Broker Wolf preferred
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
About Us – PFR
Berkshire Hathaway PenFed Realty, LLC is a full-service real estate brokerage firm with over 60 offices and 1,700 world-class sales professionals, offering complete service coverage in Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas and Texas markets. Founded in 2006, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the country’s largest and most financially stable credit unions, PenFed. We are also one of the largest franchisees within the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services network. The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network stands among only a few organizations entrusted to use the storied Berkshire Hathaway name, a name representing strength, integrity, trust and universal respect. PenFed’s products, pricing, and financial stability coupled with the Berkshire Hathaway brand creates a powerful combination for growth within the residential real estate arena. With growth of over 900% in the past 5 years, PenFed Realty is recognized as one of the fastest growing real estate brokerage firms in the country.
Our mission is to recruit, retain, and support the most knowledgeable real estate agents in the industry so that we may ensure a smooth and hassle free home buying experience.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.