To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bessemer, AL 35022
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Rep
84 Lumber • Bessemer, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As an Outside Sales Representative you will:
- Sell Lumber and Building Materials
- Create materials estimates
- Read blueprints
- Travel to job sites (overnight travel not required)
- Service current customers
- Create new Customer Relationships
- Build strong Vendor relationships
- Create Special Orders
- Load and unload lumber and building materials
- Some local travel required, no overnight travel.
- Ability to maintain and grow customer base through prospecting, development, quoting, and follow-up.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and email.
- Ability to read blue prints and prepare a material take-off list.
- Ability to lift building materials. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in building materials supply.
- Demonstrated selling experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and account management.
- Industry contacts preferred.