Worldgate Athletic Club and Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking Group Fitness Instructors in Herndon, VA. The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
Ideal candidates will have experience in Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, Aquatics or other formats including Les Mills.
Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa - Experience elevated fitness and wellness with 110,000 square feet of fitness, aquatics, tennis, spa and wellness amenities. From state-of-the-art equipment to a large gymnasium to all new locker rooms to a full kid’s club, Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa is amenity-rich. Expert personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and spa therapists offer the latest in well-balanced health. Apply today and join our team!
- Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
- Arriving to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
- Dressing appropriately for teaching exercise classes
- Arriving well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
- Knowing the names of participants who attend your classes
- Sharing educational information with your class participants
- Teaching classes with energy and enthusiasm
- Motivating class participants to the best of your ability
- Noting new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
- Keeping up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
- Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
- Begins and ends all classes on time.
- Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
- Must have educational background in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field
- Valid CPR Certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
- Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
- Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
- Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
- Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Exercise Physiology
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Health Education
- Mechanical Engineering