General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for an Oracle Applications Developer in Wilkes-Barre PA to join our team supporting the USPS.
As an Oracle Applications Developer you will analyze design, develop, and implement highly complex operating systems and application programs.
Principal duties include:
- The Oracle Applications Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, customizing and integrating Oracle e-Business Suite applications with other systems, and providing ongoing support and future enhancements of those solutions
- This position will be responsible for ensuring Expedia's Oracle e-Business Suite portfolio of applications are designed to meet evolving business requirements and standards for reliability, scalability, availability, and usability
- This position will also work with team members as needed to scope, design, develop, test, implement, support and enhance Oracle e-Business Suite solutions
- Design Develop utilities to ensure we have modular approach in programming for uniformity & to improve productivity
- Work with Oracle functional business analysts to gather business requirements, translate them into specifications documents
- Responsible for coding and unit testing application software across production support, enhancements and projects
- Collaborate with business partners, Systems Analysts and Application Developers and to translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs
- Meet service level agreements for production support response and resolution
- Design and develop technical solutions to a pre-defined requirement and develop components including extensions, views, customizations, modifications, reports, and workflows independently or as a part of a team
- Follow documentation, software development methodology, version control and testing, and migration standards
- Develop a cooperative environment that fosters knowledge sharing
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to others in areas of expertise
- Ability and willingness to learn regarding the applications and their ecosystem
- Review of code and make recommendations based on industry best practices, participate in analysis discussions to ensure the business requirements are met
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Required skills include:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of advanced working skills with Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite) R12 in AR, GL, OM, INV, SLA, WSH and PO modules
- Oracle Application 12.2.7 Upgrade experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience working with a relational database using SQL/PLSQL skills
- Significant knowledge and experience in all aspects of enterprise-level analytics, operations support, and reporting
- Advanced experience developing and writing requirements according to standard templates including data needs and business rules.
- Experience with performance tuning to ensure acceptable report execution times, including validation of report SQL
- Able to adhere to client development standards and SOX compliance
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Java experience a plus
Skills in containers, DevSecOps, Secure Coding practices, and the Solutions Development Framework (Docker, Jenkins, GitLab)
Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
- Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Service Level Agreement