To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bennington, VT 05201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Service Supervisor - Bennington College
Aramark • Bennington, VT
Posted 11 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of the food service operation. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills
- High School Diploma/GED
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran