PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Under close supervision and direction of the Clinical Manager or Charge RN, compiles, verifies, and files medical records of dialysis patients in the facility according to company standard operating procedures and pertinent regulatory requirements, ensuring patient confidentiality at all times. May provide other patient customer service functions as needed by the clinical manager.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Compiles and maintains medical records of both the in-center and home patients in the dialysis facility according to company policies and procedures and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. Ensures patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Stores or disposes of obsolete files when appropriate according to the procedures defined by the Fresenius Medical Care Compliance Records Management department and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepares hemodialysis records for the following day’s activities ensuring they are stored/kept in a secure location until needed per HIPPA requirements. Charts, posts, and files appropriate information per defined procedures.
- Assists with laboratory work process;
- Prepares lab slips and tubes for routine and non-routine blood work;
- Centrifuges the blood or refrigerates according to laboratory specifications after the draw is completed;
- Packs the box for shipment and then direct these to the appropriate laboratory as required.
- Posts/enters the results from the labs into the electronic database (Proton/AMI) as needed (where allowed by state regulations).
- Assists in the collection of Patient Statistical Profile and Continuous Quality Improvement Data.
- Assists with month-end reporting requirements such as Epogen data collection and Proton/AMI generated reports as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of hospitalization, patient travel, etc. to facilitate coordination of patient scheduling, ancillary testing, etc.
- Assists in auditing records for ongoing compliance with medical records standards.
- Assists patients with transportation arrangements.
- Coordinates with transient patient paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned which may include, but are not limited to:
- Answering telephones,
- Greeting patients,
- Word processing, and Proton/AMI or equivalent data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Six months of relevant experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Computer skills – specifically knowledge of word processing applications.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.Job:
Administrative / ClericalPrimary Locations:
United States-Hawaii-HiloOther Locations: Schedule: