Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and manage a team of associates for a $3 Billion (and growing) Organization within the Health & Wellness Industry? How would you like to serve as a vital and valuable asset to a Maintenance Team where your efforts will directly impact the quality of this organization’s leading nutritional supplements and products. If so, we are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor on the overnight shift to ensure productivity goals are met, drive motivation and foster the growth of a team of associates.
This is a 3rd shift opportunity: Hours 11:00pm - 7:30am; Work week starts Sunday evenings and end Friday mornings.
- Coordinate all equipment, maintenance and PM Activities with the Maintenance Planner
- Purchase equipment, parts and supplies for department operations while maintaining budget
- Support new equipment installations
- Guide a team as well as individually adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect, reassuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs, effectiveness of work and sustainable improvements
- Implementation of procedural/policy changes to enhance department performance
- Work between tactical and strategic activities to improve the maintenance department
- Works effectively in a multitask environment and consistently tracks the progress of ongoing initiative.
- Ensures tasks are completed within set deadlines.
- Enforce safety policies and work habits
- Maintain a 5-S and organized maintenance shop on their shift
- Promote and develops a strong teamwork environment
- Role will require a hands on Supervisory approach
- Must appropriately handle employee questions, concerns, and keep track of issues with the intent to train and coach associates to maintain a positive work environment.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a maintenance Lead or Supervisory position within a manufacturing environment and/or military leadership
- 2 year technical degree with equivalent work related experience preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Preferred experience in food/beverage, dietary supplement, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industries
- Working knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude within a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Tools is a plus
- Experience in an High Performance Organization (HPO) driven environment is a plus
- Demonstrated project leadership roles for equipment and facilities improvements
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and bias for action
- Must be computer literate in excel spreadsheet and Microsoft program use
- Communicates effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
Use Hand Tool