To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1600 Hayes Street
Nashville, TN 37203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing Clerk-Clinic
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Nashville, TN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Medical Billing Clerk is a key player in our clinic's team to ensure the patients' accounts have been accurately billed in a timely manner.
- Verify insurance coverage and obtain dialysis treatment approval when necessary for new patients.
- Key and record daily patient charges.
- Bill primary and secondary payer in a timely manner.
- Key and post cash/remittance advises.
- Review all patient accounts and follow up appropriately in a consistent and timely manner.
- Update patient files as needed.
- Read and communicate new information received from Medicare, Medicaid, or insurance company.
- Balance accounts receivable and claim overpayment accounts and maintain accurate subledgers.
- Input accurate information into the computer application, verify and reconcile information pertaining to accounting responsibilities.
- Write off bad debts and have Regional Office Administrator verify and then have Area Operations Director and Medical Director sign monthly.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Medicare, Medicaid, Third Party billing and accounting background preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to function with minimum supervision in a responsible and mature manner.
- Excellent customer service skills as related to patients, business contacts, and DCI employees.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: