We are seeking a System Administrator to provide Macintosh and Windows application and operating system support. This individual must be a forward thinker who can proactively plan, multitask, troubleshoot, and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills. The position is contract to hire.
The successful candidate must have prior experience supporting Macintosh OS and Microsoft Windows 7 and/or 10 operating systems and applications in an enterprise environment. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The position is part of the Engineering and Operations team consisting of engineers, system administrators, and subject matter experts who report to Engineering Systems Manager. Responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide daily operational support for Macintosh and Microsoft Windows applications and operating systems
• Assist in identifying incidents, diagnosing, and resolving application problems.
• Collaborate with the Security team to identify and remediate application and operating system vulnerabilities
• Develop and maintain standards and procedures for MacOS images and applications across a complex computing infrastructure.
• Point of contact for application vendors and coordinate vendor support for any problems escalated from support areas.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple environments.
• Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems.
• Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and client to ensure proper integration of applications.
• Participate in capacity planning, performance discussions, and assist in the development and execution of disaster recovery exercises.
• Review problems to understand root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are implemented
• Provides phone support to users during time of peak demand as needed.
• Experience supporting Macintosh OS and IOS devices in an enterprise environment
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and/or 10
• Experience using Client Management Tools to automate and centrally manage desktops in an enterprise environment
• Experience remediating system vulnerabilities
• Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the phone).
• Strong communication skills
• Experience automating repeatable processes using bash or Perl scripting
• Experience documenting processes and creating work instructions
• Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with customers.
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2 and/or 2016 in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience automating repeatable processes using PowerShell
• Experience creating and troubleshooting Group Policy
• Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and server/workstation operating system.
• Technical knowledge of and experience with installing, upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
• Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
• Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and 8 years of progressive IT experience or equivalent experience.
• ITIL Foundations Certification a plus
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)