To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spring Hill, FL 34606
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Goodman Group, LLC • Spring Hill, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare and cook hot and cold food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, as well as sanitation, ordering, scheduling, setting menus, overall supervision of kitchen and as may be directed by the supervisor and/or Director of Culinary Operations, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Review menus prior to preparation of food. Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus, standards, and recipes. Meals must be palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus. Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Culinary Services.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in establishing food service timelines to assure that meals are prepared timely.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served according to policy.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, and events.
- Meet federal and state in-service requirements.
- Lead the kitchen staff in duties and tasks as necessary.
Safety and Sanitation
- Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations including hand hygiene as well as with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Ensure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and correct storage of incoming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Culinary background and experience.
Prefer 6 months experience in a commercial kitchen.
Must be knowledgeable in cooking variety of foods in large quantities.
Must be knowledgeable of culinary practices, procedures, and food safety.
Prefer Serve Safe Certification or food handlers permit.