Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Make your next job one you truly love. At Compassus, you’ll do much more than provide care. As a Registered Nurse Case Manager, you’ll help patients and their families find comfort, support and peace during one of life’s most trying times. But isn’t that why you got into nursing to begin with? Here, you’ll make a real difference in the lives of your patients by providing vital expertise, support and education as well as connecting patients with essential resources and services that make life easier. If that sounds like the kind of meaningful work you’ve been looking for, you’ll fit right in.
“I am inspired by the ability to truly tailor the care I provide to each and every unique patient and family…Being able to provide what patients need in the moment they need it is the best part of working in hospice.”
-Laura, Registered Nurse
You’re dedicated, compassionate, driven and empathetic—that’s what makes you so good at what you do. You believe that every patient deserves outstanding care, and you work hard to deliver on that belief every day. You became a nurse because you wanted to make a real difference in your patients’ lives. There’s no better place to do that than Compassus.
Registered Nurse Case Manager – Position Summary
- Provide both routine and emergency assessments
- Provide educational and evaluative services to meet the needs of our patients and their families
- Help patients and their families maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping
- Adjust your schedule to meet agency-staffing needs
- Provide after-hours emergency support to patients and their families
- Coordinate clinical, psychosocial and spiritual services as indicated by Plan of Care through case management
- Provide physical and emotional intensive care to support patients and families in periods of crisis
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate hospice care for patients and families to ensure appropriateness, continuity, and quality of care
- Explain hospice services and Medicare benefits to patients and families
- Oversee the care given by Licensed Practical Nurses and hospice aides
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective communication and compassionate interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity, which includes maintaining confidential information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse with a current nursing license in state of employment
- Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience preferred
- Hospice, oncology, or home health and/or long-term care preferred
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Registered Nursing License in state of employment
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Louisiana: Two years full-time experience as a Registered Nurse or two years clinical in hospice
The people who make up Compassus are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families. Our goal is to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who are experiencing one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
If your work ethic and belief system align with ours and you would like to work in an inspiring and professional atmosphere, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with Compassus.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Long Term Care
- Interpersonal Skills