Update - Please Read before applying:
Ace Hardware is in the business of helping communities across America and around the world. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to remain open and essential to the communities we serve. To ensure we are able to do that, our leadership team has made the difficult decision to temporarily pause on hiring across all corporate positions in order for Ace’s Talent Acquisition Team to focus its efforts in providing recruitment support to our Distribution Centers. They are on the front lines in supplying our retailers with product so they can continue to operate as essential businesses in their communities. Unfortunately that means we will not be able to reach out and recruit in the interim for this position.
We still invite you to apply and will review your application as soon as we resume our corporate hiring efforts. Thank you for your interest in Ace Hardware Corporation!
Ace Hardware is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world with more than 5,300 locally owned and operated hardware stores in approximately 70 countries. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 1924, Ace has become a part of local communities around the world and known as the place with the helpful hardware folks.
If you're passionate about your career and want to contribute to a company you can believe in, consider sharing your talent with us. Join us in continuing our legacy of making Ace "the helpful place."
As Benefit Plan Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing and growing the multi-employer healthcare plan that is available to eligible Ace retailers across the country. This position will work with our partners to drive adoption of the plan by Ace’s independently owned and operated stores, focusing on education/communication, creating a streamlined on-boarding and invoicing process and expanding the portfolio of plans and programs available to retailers.
What you’ll do
- Manage existing association plans (medical, Rx) while working with key partners to expand the association offerings to include dental, vision and other health and welfare plans.
- Lead the RFP process for new vendors, including initial vendor evaluation, selection of vendor finalists and contract review and completion.
- Manage the brokerage relationship to ensure they are providing high quality and timely service to participating employers and potential employers. Work with the broker to review and analyze claims reports, make plan recommendations to the Administrative Committee in conjunction with the annual benefits renewal process and communicate plan changes to participating employers.
- Navigate the complex and politically sensitive regulatory landscape for multi-employer healthcare plans, ensuring that both Ace and our vendor partners are well positioned.
- Resolve issues such as participating employer eligibility, participation agreement requirements, vendor conflicts and participating retailer premium invoicing outreach.
- Build out and enhance key areas of the program including on-boarding, off-boarding, renewals, etc.
- Manage activities related to the administration of the Trust and the Committee members including meeting agendas, nomination and voting process for Committee members, legal documents and filings, IRS and ACA related filings, etc.
- Oversee retailer communication materials and training opportunities related to the plan including on-boarding announcements, convention materials, webinars, ACA training, Benefits Administration system training, etc.
- Develop retailer audit process to ensure retailers and their participating employees are meeting the requirements outlined in the participation agreement.
- Analyze, compile and issue financial and accounting reports such as annual budget figures, monthly expense allocation for all locations, monthly billings, and monthly cost analysis.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 7 years of broad-based benefits experience in the areas of Health and Welfare Plans with a focus on multi-employer plan administration or consulting experience in that space
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or a related field required
- CBP, CEBS or other Benefits related certification preferred
- Extensive and current knowledge and experience with benefits related government regulatory and compliance requirements
- Requires strong consensus and team building, customer service, communications, analytical, problem solving, negotiations, presentation, team development and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external personnel and management, keeping appropriate parties informed of all pertinent matters related to position responsibilities and to the Benefit Plans and Programs
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Complex Problem Solving
Business Process Improvement