This position provides a full range of financial, compliance, IT and operational audits involving internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources. Work is performed within departmental and company policies with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and subject to periodic review on the basis of results achieved. The Staff Internal Auditor reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems. Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/ or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or working toward same (candidate). Must have valid driver’s license and passport for business travel.
At least two years of auditing experience is required. Experience in manufacturing industry preferred. Complete requisite training and seminars to meet annual continuing education requirements.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of current auditing principles and practices. Possess good ‘people skills’ for working with the auditee. Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work. Capable of self-directed work in a fast-paced environment while meeting multiple deadlines. Knowledge of and compliance with company policies and procedures. Excellent verbal and written skills are preferred. Business process improvement skills, analytical skills and teamwork abilities preferred. Strong analytical skills and use of mathematics coupled with inductive and deductive reasoning. Solid judgment and decision-making skills are required. Ability to analyze and evaluate data to determine compliance with laws, regulations or standards. Critical thinking is required.
- Assist in performing audits to determine propriety and effectiveness of control structure and operating processes, including the development of recommendations for improvement in processes and controls. Efforts include performance of special reviews at the request of management.
- Assists in conducting annual General Computer and Application Controls audits for SOX 404 compliance wihtin the information technology sections.
- Assist with conduct of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audits.
- Assist in assessing operating processes and developing conclusions about their effectiveness; identifies control and processes improvements that add value.
- Utilizes Audit Command Language (ACL) to interrogate data bases and improve audit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Assist in preparing and presenting findings and recommendations resulting from audit examinations, conclusions and post-audit follow-up.
- Visit subsidiary and vendor locations to perform off site audits as required.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Other duties may be assigned by management as the need arises.
Usually environment is indoors and air conditioned. Depending on location of audit could encounter manufacturing hazards, loud noises, and outdoor element.
Demands vary depending on location of audit. Could encounter frequent or continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and sorting. Requires lifting 25 lbs. or less without assistance and more than 25 pounds with assistance of equipment or coworker.
Approximately 30-40% overnight travel is required.
Certified Internal Auditor