This is an hourly, part-time position. $15.00/hr
FLCC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We strive to attract talented personnel from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities. As such, applicants from historically under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
The Helpdesk Technician provides direct staffing of the College helpdesk, fielding calls from employees and students within the institution and providing direct phone support as well as subsequent referrals. The technician provides day-to-day supervision of lab aides in the centralized academic labs and direct support as necessary to students and employees.
A. Educational Background: Minimum of an Associate's Degree in a computer-related area. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
B. Experience: Experience with the use of microcomputers and microcomputer applications are required. Experience with the use of Windows, Windows-based applications, Internet, and email is highly desirable. Experience with the creation of documentation, web page design, multi-media creation, and supporting and/or training microcomputers users is also desirable.
2. Essential Functions:
- Provides helpdesk coverage and direct telephone support to employees and students institution-wide. Provides referral of problems to appropriate computing services personnel.
- Assists with user training and/or provides direct one-on-one consultation as needed.
- Recruits, supervises and trains student lab aides for coverage of the centralized instructional computing labs.
- Conducts preliminary troubleshooting for Informational Technology.
- One of the administrators to the helpdesk software.
- Key individual for creating documentation for applications and Knowledge Base of the Helpdesk software with approval of the Helpdesk Coordinator.
- Functions as an IT staff member, assisting with high priority Division operations on an as needed basis.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Cover letter
Applications will only be accepted online.
Address your online cover letter & resume to:
Grace Loomis, Director of Human Resources.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission based on an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.