To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Life Sciences • San Francisco, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Life Sciences is seeking a highly motivated new grad to work onsite in South San Francisco and San Francisco with our client, a global, research-driven pharmaceutical company. We have several openings available, are currently looking for local candidates.
The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom gene-based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture of high-quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamiltons and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next-Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and subassemblies for MFG processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN MFG environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience working with MS Excel and Word.
- Familiar with ERP software; SAP experience helpful.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and supply chain concepts (Kanban, etc.).
- Experience with ISO, GMP, and LEAN-manufacturing environments is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience in a life sciences or biotechnology manufacturing environment, including an understanding of the chemicals and hazards typically found in such environments.
- Ability to read and interpret Certificates of Analysis.
- Ability to comprehend and convert between different physical units of measure, including metric volume and weight measures.
- Possess a strong sense of customer service.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and operate a pallet jack.
12h day/3d/4d alt work week with 1 weekend day. The incumbent will be required to work this night shift; the incumbent will start on day shift until training is complete before transitioning to the night shift. Those who prefer day shifts should not apply.
SHIFT 1A: Sunday-Tuesday / Sunday-Wednesday 730AM-7PM
SHIFT 1B: Wednesday- Saturday / Thursday-Saturday 730AM-7PM
SHIFT 2A: Sunday-Tuesday / Sunday-Wednesday 7PM-730AM
SHIFT 2B: Wednesday- Saturday / Thursday-Saturday 7PM-730AM
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.