To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Juno Beach, FL 33408
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Data Scientist
Apex Systems • Juno Beach, FL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- VBA (Will consider VB.NET + ATU Training – see above)
- SQL – queries / Basic – they us Oracle Data Base
- Analytical Skills
- Can manipulate data in Excel – Macros, pulling data into spreadsheets, organizing data, creating data models
- Aptitude and passion for data science – it is the team he/she will be on
Nice to Have:
- Someone out of school with a BS or MS in an Engineering or Financial Degree – Analytics
- Someone with actual VBA experience
- Someone with VB.NET that we could train in VBA #ATU
Position Specific Description
We’re looking for a talented MS Excel developer with an aptitude for Data Science modeling and techniques to help build new and maintain existing automation tools in support of 24/7 operations. The person should be proficient in leveraging native Excel functionality for maximizing user ownership and flexibility, along with strong VBA programming skills for providing additional functionality sparingly as necessary. This person should have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency and a knack for reducing complexity, user interaction time and potential for error. Responsibilities: work directly with users to understand business requirements and translate them into effective automation solutions; create tools for automating data ingestion, analysis, reporting and submission from/to a wide variety of electronic sources/interfaces; promote existing and develop new design guidelines, best practices and standards. Skills: ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively; creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others; attention to detail; ability to faithfully follow direction as well as work independently. Proficiency with Python, R, SQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, VB.NET, JIRA and Confluence desirable.
This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
• Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
• Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
• Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
• Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed
• Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
• Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178