To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sioux Falls, SD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer Intern
SGT Inc • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted 2 days ago
This unique opportunity is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students pursuing a career in software development. This internship opportunity will provide the applicant entry-level software development experience with progressive responsibility and experience. The work, in software development, web development, database development/support, SharePoint database development, or maintaining/enhancing user interfaces, will be hands-on support of the various missions at the EROS (Earth Resources Observation and Science) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/), located near Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The Software Developer intern(s) will be assigned a mentor. The Software Developer interns will telecommute from campus with travel to the EROS Center as their schedule permits and as the project requires. It is expected that the selected interns will work on site at EROS during school breaks, and/or during the summer months. This position holds potential for full-time employment upon graduation, pending project funding.
The Software Developer Intern is responsible for designing and implementing tasks required in the development of software products
- Communicate and coordinate activities and technical status with your mentor, supervisor, Project Lead, and other Project team members, as appropriate
- Ensure all software activities are conducted in accordance with the Software Development/Maintenance Plan (SDP/SMP) and processes
- Provide support for software planning including software requirements definition, activity identification, and estimating
- Perform and document preliminary and detailed design of components making up a software product
- Perform code development for assigned tasks
- Develop and conduct unit testing
- Document the testing effort through generation of test plans, procedures, and reports
- Capture software metrics
- Submit, analyze, and manage configuration change requests in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes
- Ensure proper process is followed and documentation is properly maintained
- Participate in peer reviews
Education: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent and graduating in 2019 or 2020.
Experience: 0-2 year’s related experience in software development is desired. Experience with image processing systems and satellite ground systems are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic software engineering methodology knowledge
- Perl knowledge
- Python knowledge
- C/C++ or equivalent software knowledge
- Relational database knowledge
- Unix/Linux experience
- Agile knowledge
- QT experience
- C/C++ experience
- Java experience
- Postgres or Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL, Pro*C) experience
- System design tools experience
- Experience with remote sensing, digital image/signal processing techniques, and basic geography concepts such as map projections
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com/careers).
This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.