What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Controllers division is responsible for financial control and regulatory obligations of the firm. They safeguard the assets of the firm through an independent scrutiny of the financial information and ensure accurate reporting to internal and external consumers. They provide critical metrics and related analysis to the firm's and divisions' leadership to navigate the evolving business strategy, including incumbent and strategic initiatives. Controllers play an important role in the changing landscape of the firm, including its new business ventures and acquisitions, and ensure that these new initiatives are in line with the regulatory expectations as well as controlled in terms of their incorporation into the firm
Engineers in the Controllers Division help ensure the firm meets all of its financial control and reporting obligations. Working in small and nimble teams, we build critical and complex software to calculate P&L, measure and monitor the firm's capital, balance sheet and liquidity metrics, and regulatory filings across the globe.
Why join the team?
* Tool & Technologies: You'll program in Java and model data using Pure/Legend - a data management and data governance open source platform that we will teach you. Other technologies in use in our space: RESTful services, Maven/Gradle, Apache Spark, Big Data, HTML 5, AngularJs/ReactJs, IntelliJ, Gitlab, Jira.
* Cloud Technologies: You'll be involved in building the next generation of finance systems onto the cloud platforms, one of the key strategy for the division in which you'll get exposure to technologies like AWS S3,Redshift, Snowflake, EMR etc.
* Autonomy: You'll have significant autonomy in designing and writing solutions to help our stakeholders deliver for the firm's clients.
* Creativity: You'll be encouraged to suggest improvements to products and to propose ways, in which we can add value for our stakeholders.
* Interpersonal Communication: You'll engage with data producers and consumers across all areas of the business to understand their requirements and to propose solutions tailored to their needs.
* Training: Your manager will support your professional development, allowing you time for training at work, helping you learn and grow within the organization, and providing opportunities for increasing responsibility.
* In an Agile environment manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis to coding, testing, UAT, implementation and maintenance
* Develop high level/detailed technical designs, testing strategies, and implementation plans
* Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
* Understand and respond to business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
* Build strong relationships with business partners
* Identify opportunities for cross-divisional collaboration and reuse of common solutions
* Provide technical and functional guidance and leadership to junior members on a need basis
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* 5+ years of hands-on software development experience preferably in Java, C/C++, Python or Scala, competent in traditional (RDBMS) and modern datastores (NoSQL)
* Strong programming and problem solving skills
* A clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
* Strong full-stack technical design and development skills and experience
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences and working globally
* Interest in finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer-Vice President-Controllers
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Acceptance Testing
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon S3