To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9921 Whitefish Circle
Anchorage, AK 99515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Associate IIII $14.90 plus shift diff 50 cents /hr Mon-Fri 2:00pm-10:30pm
Staples • Anchorage, AK
Posted 3 days ago
We collaborate and innovate…
Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state–of–the–art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment---please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team!
Build, wrap, and load pallets into outbound trailers for delivery to Staples Stores. Complete all paperwork required.
Primary Responsibilities (in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
- Build pallets of cases and totes for shipment to Staples Retail Stores
- Ability to operate automated shrink-wrapping machine
- Load finished pallets into outbound trailers with material handling equipment (MHE)
- Moves product around warehouse, manually and systemically, operating warehouse equipment safely and efficiently
- Equipment that may be utilized including pallet jacks
- Ensure accurate quantities of pallets are sorted by comparing appropriate paperwork, or what is displayed on hand-held scanner, and matching product numbers
- Question and resolve discrepancies as required
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Primary Interactions:
- Daily interaction with co-workers and Supervisors in the warehouse and line-haul drivers
- Experience as a Warehouse Worker; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, push, pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment which requires manual dexterity requiring some coordinated.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds
- Ability to become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
- Must be a team player
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Good math skills
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- Limited computer data entry skills
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required
- Previous exposure or knowledge of PKMS or other Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, push, pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment which requires manual dexterity requiring some coordinated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
- While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment
- Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.