To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP Sales OPTUMRX (Employer Strategic Sales and Proposals) - US Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The VP of Sales is a highly visible role responsible for Employer Strategic Sales and Commercial Market Proposal team. This role will lead a diverse and inclusive team -- 6 Solution Sales Executives (Revenue goal: $ 3.5B) and 36 Proposal Team Members and will be accountable for driving growth objectives for the team to achieve sales quota. This position will report to the SVP, Client Relations & Chief Growth Officer.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of Sales Executives and Commercial Market Proposal Team
- Accountable for driving growth objectives for team to achieve sales quota within existing business and / or new business spanning Optum’s portfolio (ex. Payer, Provider, Employer, Life Sciences, Government, International, care, behavioral, physical, technology, software, consulting, PBM, etc.)
- Enhance the client experience and overall client satisfaction, maintaining and improving Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
- Ensure retention and expansion of existing client revenue base
- Drive complex solutions and expand solutioning within clients and across the markets
- Accountable for financial performance of a growth market group, solution function and/or large subset of a market (SVP)
- Develop and coach (sales producers, client executives, solution sales execs or business development execs) and/or growth leaders
- Establish and drive organizational focus, direction and execution
- Explore new and innovative opportunities and market approach to drive growth
- Serve as executive sponsor and/or manage enterprise relationships for the largest clients with the highest potential revenue opportunity
- Drive sales, product development and distribution of Optum’s most complex solutions (across markets or enterprise) to solve client needs and drive growth
- Cultivate and deepen C-suite and/or complex client relationships
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
- Recruit, hire and monitor performance of team, ensuring appropriate training and development is provided to newly hired employees; provide for ongoing training of staff and ensure strong employee engagement
- Effectively selects and aligns talent with the capabilities needed to achieve long term goals
- Majority of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 70% or greater (inside sales = in office, outside sales = out of office)
- Effectively represent Our United Culture and demonstrates UHC’s values internally and externally
- 10+ years sales management, sales, account management or consulting experience
- 10+ number of years of proven experience and expertise in the healthcare, insurance or related industry (ex. consulting, wellness, technology, financial services, pharmacy, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading multi-level sales organization or business unit with ability to effectively manage individuals or teams to recruit, hire, develop and engage staff
- Prior experience building and managing strategic client relationships and sales (of specific solution set/product) in/to the (ex. Payer, Provider, Employer, Life Sciences, Government, International, etc.) market
- Proven track record for achieving target revenue and/or sales goals
- Demonstrated success in accessing and influencing senior level and/or C-Suite clients, sophisticated customers, channels, consultants, and/or business partners in a highly matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of sales process and ability navigate and manage complex sales, solutioning and RFP process to facilitate and remove roadblocks (for sales/client executives) to close sales
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Willingness to travel extensively to drive client engagements
- Master’s in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related graduate degree
- Proficiency in CRM tools (ex. Salesforce) and sales methodology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed. Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: PBM, Sales Executive, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter