United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal-oriented 2nd Shift Process Engineer in support of F135 Depot engines at West Palm Beach, Florida. The Process Engineer will be responsible for maintenance value stream (Gate 0 - 4) through execution of work instructions, continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives, and proactive elements such as PFMEA, control plans and Gage R&R. The scope of this role will include disassembly, clean, inspect, repair and assembly activity within WPB campus.
* Create and maintain prescriptive disassembly, clean, inspect, repair and assembly work instructions using Solumina software (including JTD, specifications, engineering changes, quality assurance /process control documents and tooling definition/requirements).
* Provide focused and effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks and addressing quality issues.
* Identify and implement shop floor process optimization and control methods to eliminate/prevent process turn-backs /escapes and continuously reduce overall assembly costs.
* Drive maintenance process standard initiatives, working closely with Systems Engineering Teams and CIPTs/Module Centers, Mechanics, Quality Engineers/Inspectors, and Engine Program Management Offices.
* Drive targeted proactive process optimization activities through sustainment readiness tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Yield / Cost curves and Qualification plans.
* Assist with planning, acquisition, and start-up of necessary capital equipment, facility, support equipment and special test equipment needed to meet capacity, power module / engine build plans, and new expansion efforts.
* Establish good working relationship with the hourly work force (mechanics, inspectors, operators), tool designers, quality engineers and quality assurance personnel, integrated product teams, systems and module designers, information systems personnel to execute deliverables.
* Required to provide occasional weekend support.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of prior relevant experience; OR a Master of Science in Engineering Degree
* US Citizenship required due to government contracts
* A high level of proficiency and working-knowledge of CORE Continuous Improvement Tools is essential for a candidate pursuing this role - including Process Certification & Management, Value-Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing
* Applicable manufacturing/assembly engineering experience, engine system-level knowledge, and engine test processes is also essential for this position
* SAP proficiency with creating/loading BOM's and experience tracking/incorporating class 1 and 2 engineering changes and maintaining configuration control
* Familiarity with F135 engine, Engineering Web Assembly Drawings and/or F135 IETP's
* Excellent communication / presentation skills
* Strong project engineering/planning skills
* Experience writing, approving, and issuing work instruction within Solumina environment
* Proficiencies that are critical for success in this role are Customer Focus, Flexibility, Critical Thinking, and Communication
* Demonstrated leadership skills with direct supervisory experience, particularly within a bargaining unit setting
* Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively and concisely with peers, customers, and clients
* Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions. Must be collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills
* 2+ years of experience in Operations, preferably within the Aerospace industry
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
- Aerospace Engineering
- Control Methods
- Cost Reduction
- Critical Thinking