ECS is seeking a Jr. Java Developer to work in our Memphis, TN office
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with good salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work well with a team as well as individually, are able to bring innovative solutions to the table, and like to learn; this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and / or responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Design, develop and implement highly complex applications utilizing Oracle and Java technologies.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
- Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and revise Java source code based on clearly defined requirements.
- Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
- Assist in the setup of production environments including application servers and database structure.
- Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
- Unit Testing candidate releases.
- B.S. Comp Science, or related field
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 0-2 Years Min. experience in JAVA development
- 1-2 Years Min. experience querying relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, or MYSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Proficiency w/ Spring Boot, Spring Security, and Spring Batch
- Experience configuring Tomcat Application Server
- Spring MVC 3 or greater
- Hibernate ORM
- Experience creating REST web services.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as SVN or GIT
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Produce Clean Code