To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SQA Engineer II
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 8 days ago
This role offers a wide variety of technical challenges to solve and explore related to innovative slot game-play concepts, networked gaming, and finding creative ways to meet the demands of players around the globe. First Year Goals
An entry level tester will typically work under the mentorship of a senior tester, testing gaming software to ensure it meets required customer, jurisdictional and functional specifications and complies with regulatory requirements. Develop and execute test plans and test scripts for game software. Assist in defining test standards. Perform scripted, exploratory, regression, load, performance, black box, and to some extent, white box testing. Investigate field issues. Review product documentation and packages. Create, enhance, and utilize automated tools to support test plans. Document test methods and findings, summarize results and recommend fixes. Perform troubleshooting and research into defects and communicate to game team. This is enabled by:
• Start contributing to project quality within the first weeks of arrival
• Guidance by mentor over the platform, best practices and methods used to test slot games
• Build professional relationships with peers through immersion in the studio environment
• Bachelors of Science degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or computer engineering required.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in software quality assurance including test plan development, software/firmware testing, experience with test tools, knowledge of quality assurance processes/methodologies.
• Basic electronics and computer hardware knowledge and strong trouble shooting skills.
• Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality games.
• Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Slot gaming regulations.
• Programming background in two or more of the following: C, C++, .NET, C#, VB, Java, SQL, XML.
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
* IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.