To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Sacramento, CA
Posted 1 month ago
KXTV/ABC10, a TEGNA company, is looking for a Content Manager to lead our day-to-day editorial efforts across Digital and Broadcast. ABC10 is setting the bar on how local content is covered and delivered; we are not a TV station, we are an information network creating engaging content that takes our audience on a journey. We are looking for team members who help our powerful journalism reach a wider audience.
- Manage the "day of" content direction, gathering, presentation and distribution process
- Focuses on accuracy, fairness and balance in broadcast scripts, digital articles and social content
- Be a bold voice at the editorial meetings for ABC10's audience based on social listening and metrics ensuring stories are consumed on all platforms
- Inspire the news team to produce unique content tailoring to each digital and social platform across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
- Consistently works throughout the day with content creators and content optimizers to achieve a successful multi-platform experience for our audience
- In addition, to "day of" content management, this manager is looking ahead to the next day, the next week, etc. for content ideas so ABC10 gets a jump start on impactful news in the community
- Regularly offer feedback and coaching to team members so they can grow and produce the best content possible
- Directly manage expectations, duties and schedules for certain team members in the News Department
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of management experience preferred
- Possesses knowledge and experience in journalism and storytelling. Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion ideally in both Digital and Broadcast mediums.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of traditional and social media platforms, their respective participants (web, app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience with audience feedback tools like CrowdTangle, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.
- Passion and vision for emerging media
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events