We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
- Develops labor standards by analyzing work samples and methods; measuring work performance.
- Maintains Current Plant Layout (AutoCAD), and develops Future Plant Layout plans associated with plant projects
- Improves labor utilization by studying work methods; testing modifications; designing new methods; recommending job restructuring.
- Improves workflow by studying process flow charts; recommending modifications in workflow, work stations and product; developing new procedures; recommending equipment modifications and purchases.
- Reduces waste by studying methods, equipment, and operator techniques; recommending changes; identifying and analyzing waste.
- Completes work improvement programs in alignment with management and engineering needs.
- Prepares work-analysis information and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes work improvement projects by training and guiding operators and supervisors.
- Writes and updates policies, procedures, and methods to ensure guidelines are well communicated throughout operations.
- Initiates, tracks, and reports action plans for improvement of plant performance metrics (OEE, Pieces per Labor hour, etc.)
- Protects organization value by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
- Enforces adherence to policies and procedures including ISO14001, IATF16949, S4, Q4, 5S.
- All other duties as assigned.
B.S. Industrial Engineering or related field/experience
Proficient with Excel, AutoCAD, Plex
Proactively asserts IE values throughout operations
Innovative and progressive
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Process Flow Diagrams
Overall Equipment Effectiveness