We are seeking a Senior Accounting Associate to join our client-dedicated team in Reston, VA.
The Senior Accounting Associate performs finance and accounting activities for facility management services in support of our client. The key duties for this position include performing month-end close duties such as recording journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts for both JLL and the client, and performing lease accounting per ASC842.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to excel in a fast paced and customer service-oriented environment. Excellent communication and advanced Excel skills are required in the position. Experience in property management and lease contracts is highly desirable.
What this job involves:
- Perform month end close activities, including the preparation of accrual journal entries
- Review all Client balance sheet accounts monthly and perform reconciliations
- Assist the accounting manager in meeting all financial reporting deadlines, both internal and external
- Review and evaluate leases per ASC842 guidelines
- Perform all lease accounting entries using Costar software platform
- Assist in audit preparation for the client as it relates to the DCAA and other government compliance as well as internal audits
- Interface with internal corporate accounting oversight team
- Identify and assist management in the implementation of process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, JLL Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services internal review standards.
- Special projects and other functions as required by manager or client.
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in team environment
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven record of successful report development is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and drive projects to completion
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Willingness to support process improvement initiatives
What you can expect from us:
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles