Nesco Resource is looking for an experienced, technical WIRE HARNESS LEAD for a full-time, first shift, contract-to-hire position with a great company in Wixom, MI.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Primary function is to provide direction, support and guidance to production employees and assist with addressing problems, answering questions, seeking engineering and operations support, and communicating daily and weekly production goals and expectations.
- Perform wire harness build activity for highly complex and critical end use applications including prototype, production, and service applications for on and off-highway applications.
- Perform high quality and detailed tasks ensuring high first pass yield and efficiency.
- Be first line of contact for production to seek support and guidance for building wire harness assemblies and performing production process operations.
- Read and interpret work instructions and process procedures. Read and understand prints, drawings and cut sheets.
- Perform wire harness assembly process steps.
- Build quality into the product - increase first pass yield, minimize rework and minimize scrap.
- Support process improvements and participate in actively providing solutions
- May provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) as required to support development of wire harness assemblers Professional and credible resource for new hires for questions and support to assist in the new hire assimilation into the workforce.
- Work overtime and support production schedules as required Seek ways to improve skills and capabilities.
- Education: High school or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience with knowledge of wire preparation that includes wire cutting (specified lengths), wire stripping and wire terminating (installing terminals on ends of wire)
- The capability to understand and interpret electrical drawings.
This position may require prolonged periods of standing and repetitive motion, as well as working in a shop floor environment that may require lifting up to 15 lbs without restriction.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Process Improvements (Business)