Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. is the largest security provider in the United States. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team in Portland, OR. We are looking for a passionate, driven, results oriented individual. This individual will be working in a very fast paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who has extensive experience in Employee Relations Management.
Recruits Security Officers; places announcements for openings; works with agencies and other sources of personnel to secure candidates; participates in job fairs; follows up on leads.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Identifies potential sources for recruiting Security Officers, such as through job fairs, associations, community organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, military transition centers, vocational/technical schools, colleges and universities.
- Develops ongoing effective relationships that will result in increased applicant flow of security candidates, by on site visitation with possible sources.
- Determines effective media campaigns, with guidance from Area or Branch management, such as advertising (print, radio, television), posters, flyers, etc.
- Conducts initial interviews prior to candidate referral to Branch office(s) for secondary interviews and screening.
- Participates in applicant screening; administers surveys and interview enhancement tools, and refers potential candidates contacted at job fairs, etc., for follow-up interviews.
- Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications and requirements of applicants.
- Reviews job orders and matches applicants with job requirements, utilizing manual or computerized file search methods.
- Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company and union policies, promotional opportunities, and other related information.
- Maintains records of applicants not selected for employment.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.