To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moorpark, CA 93021
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Moorpark, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark products and designs have been seen at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and our work is part of many of the commercial aircraft seen crisscrossing the skies. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. Benchmark is a world-leading, top-10 EMS provider of integrated electronic manufacturing services with total revenues exceeding $2.5B and with employees in 7 countries on 3 continents offering everything from product development to regional PCB build – including system level assembly in the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. We provide service to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of computers and related products for business enterprises, medical devices, industrial control equipment (which includes equipment for the aerospace and defense industry), testing and instrumentation products, and telecommunication equipment, including Benchmark offers customers comprehensive and integrated design and manufacturing services from initial product design to volume production including direct order fulfillment and post-deployment services. Our precision technology manufacturing capabilities complement our proven electronic manufacturing expertise by providing further vertical integration of critical mechanical components. These capabilities include precision machining, advanced metal joining, assembly and functional testing for multiple industries including medical, instrumentation, aerospace and semiconductor capital equipment. Benchmark can provide specialized engineering services, including product design, printed circuit board layout, prototyping, automation and test development. We believe that we have developed strengths in the manufacturing process for large, complex, high-density printed circuit boards as well as the ability to manufacture high and low volume products in regions such as China, Malaysia, Mexico, Romania and Thailand. Our Moorpark, CA location is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer provides the technical manufacturing knowledge required for the production of high quality products from the design phase through all phases of production, i.e. Program Design, Procurement, Assembly and Quality Departments. Promotes an efficient and well-organized manufacturing operation.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Effective organizational and prioritization skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to work individually or in teams
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Ability to travel, including day or overnight, as required
• Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up with the team in a presentation format
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Attend design reviews and provide product evaluations to ensure the product design lends itself to practical and economical manufacturing techniques
• Assist in reviewing engineering design drawings prior to “Production Release” for product and compatibility with “state-of-the-art” manufacturing techniques
• Assist in make/buy evaluations and make recommendations on “IN-HOUSE” VS. “OUTSIDE VENDOR” manufacturing capabilities
• Assist in vendor surveys
• Evaluate the requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment required to support the manufacturing operations
• Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) activities and take an active role in the dispositioning of discrepant material and/or assemblies
• Participate in the Change Control Board (CCB) review of engineering change orders to ensure proposed design changes are producible and within manufacturing capabilities
• Assist in the monitoring of day-to-day production activities and make recommendations on material and/or labor reductions to promote efficiency of operation
• Coordinate with the Methods and Tooling groups and provide the technical product or specification drawing interpretations required for the design and fabrication of assembly tools, fixtures, and process methods instructions
• Provide manufacturing assembly flow charts required to support the product flow and/or assembly sequence
• Provide manufacturing assembly floor and equipment layouts required to promote an efficient flow of product through the various assembly states
• Conduct any special manufacturing projects, evaluations or surveys as directed by management
• 4 year Engineering or technical degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
• 0-2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.