Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Senior Project Engineer provides project management and technical support for the operation and construction of Enterprise's pipelines and terminal facilities. The Senior Project Engineer ensures that pipeline and facility upgrades and changes are designed and constructed in accordance with the Company's Engineering Guidelines and Specifications, Industry Codes & Standards, and Regulatory Agency requirements while also meeting functionality and performance requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple projects at different project locations. Projects are typically less than $10MM.
- Coordinate and manage capital projects in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Develop front-end project scopes, execution plans, estimates, and schedules to be used for project go/no-go decisions and submit project for approval.
- Manage project scope and monitor project costs and schedule to ensure that the project meets the approved budget and schedule in accordance with specified objectives.
- Effectively applying project management best practices and enforcing project standards.
- Analyze and manage project risks minimizing financial and schedule exposure.
- Ensure project documents and drawings are complete, current, and archived per company procedures and policies.
- Working closely with Commercial, Operations, Technical Services, Land, Right-of-Way, and Strategic Sourcing while directing third party contractors to safely conduct projects.
- Preparing weekly and monthly project progress reports such as cost forecasts using Excel, Word and Oracle.
- Supervise the activities of outside consultants.
- Prepare requests for proposal for outside consultants; prepare bid packages, review bids, conduct consultant selection process, and make recommendation for award of contract.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and engineering requirements associated with plant, facilities and pipeline projects.
- Coordinates project activities for in-house and external resources; assigns tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the project.
- Reviews the work of consultant(s) to ensure that Enterprise Products' standards and contractual requirements are being met.
- Ensure compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) and DOT regulations.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of regulations, industry standards, and other applicable standards and technologies.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in the oil, gas or chemical industries is required.
- Experience with ASME and API standards, (PSM), DOT regulations, pipeline maintenance and construction and storage are preferred.
- Experience with some or all of the following: plant construction and modifications, pipeline routing and construction, regulatory approval processes, project planning and scheduling, cost tracking and control, contract administration and project management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Project and Outlook is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to either work alone or as part of a team, are essential.
- Broad spectrum of projects experience in a midstream Oil and Gas industry to include: liquid pipeline and terminals, pump stations, gas pipeline, and storage of crude oil or its derivatives is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 25% of the time.
- Contract Management