Logistics done differently.
Strong leadership and outstanding customer service are at the heart of our operations at XPO Logistics. As the Freight Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the direction and management of the daily operations of a Service Center, including supporting customer relationships, overseeing revenue, profit and cost controls, and ensuring safety, service and quality measures. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery service provided to our customers
- Guide the complete daily operations of the Service Center
- Oversee revenue, profit and cost controls
- Ensure proper staffing, utilization and management of personnel
- Mentor and manage all personnel working at the facility
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- 5 years of Less-than-Truckload (LTL) freight management and/or service center/sales management experience
- Knowledge of the LTL industry, hazardous materials regulations, OSHA and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
It’d be great if you also have:
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to effectively lead, coach and influence employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.