To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS
- Channel Control Merchants
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Channel Control Merchants • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 2 months ago
Channel Control Merchants, LLC (CCM) is a diversified secondary market products company headquartered in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. If you're not familiar with who we are, simply go to www.ccmllc.com and check us out. We are a privately-held company in the retail & warehousing business with over 105 retail locations and over 3,400 employees. We are currently recruiting for a WAREHOUSE MANAGER based out of our processing and distribution facility in Hattiesburg, MS.
We are a growing company that offers good opportunities to gain valuable experience and have an active role in contributing to our future success.
The DC Warehouse Manager (WM) is responsible for the success of all daily operational functions within a highly complex distribution center environment with approximately 1M square feet of space. The desired outcome is to have a high degree of operational excellence and offer our associates a great place to work. The DC Warehouse Manager is responsible for leading and supervising a large team of DC managers in the Inbound, Warehouse, Outbound and Office Operations. The WM develops strategies, goals and action plans to maximize productivity and minimize expenses for the DC. Ideal candidates will have an effective leadership style that builds and maintains effective teams, peer relationships and internal customer standards. Role will interact with associates in the corporate, retail, and warehousing areas along with third party vendors.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- In partnership with Operations Leaders updates warehouse objectives & key results (OKR); reviews with leadership team and implements monitoring mechanism to drive achievement of OKR's
- Partners with recruiting to ensure warehouse is hiring qualified best fit candidates through effective sourcing, screening and onboarding processes
- Coaches, trains, and develops management team informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g., on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance-based feedback.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of and recommend alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Lead associates to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc. to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs require
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Provides recommendations to leadership on how to improve financial, operational, labor and service related processes including eliminating waste and minimizing costs. Applies a continuous improvement mindset to gain overall efficiencies in cost-to-serve and labor management
- Drives operational excellence in all warehouse areas related to safety, equipment maintenance, inventory accuracy, proper layout of warehouse and product placement, and organization of all warehouse areas. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following CCM safety policies and procedures - monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by leading continuous improvement (Six Sigma) projects as assigned
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in business, logistics or supply chain preferred. Experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of warehouse management, or distribution center experience in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in a turn-around environment championing a culture of urgency, agility and adaptability.
- Strong ability to rally people around a cause, set objectives at all levels that align with broader company needs, prioritize work for maximum results and ensure employees have tools to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage change effectively both on the process and people side and be quick to identify issues and solution.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE