To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moon, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Civilian National Market Lead
Michael Baker International • Moon, PA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
As a member of the National Market Leadership Team, the Federal Civilian National Market Lead will implement and manage strategies for growth and success to market and position the company with U.S. federal civilian/non-DoD agencies including GSA, DOE, DHS, DOI, DOT, and VA. The successful candidate will work with and coordinate activities with other members of the Federal Market Team in this effort. Additionally, they will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Regional Directors, Office Executives, and other staff members across the country to implement strategic business development plans to expand the firm’s services by identifying and aggressively pursuing new market opportunities. They will also be responsible for expanding existing relationships within the marketplace.
• Pursue board member appointments and participate in professional associations including writing technical articles and attending conferences
• Develop, lead, and coordinate nationwide client engagement strategies to best serve the interests of clients and Michael Baker International
• Work closely with our Federal Market team members and other Michael Baker offices in the development of targeted federal client strategic positioning for key opportunities
• Manage and prepare strategic/key proposals, contracting and teaming negotiation, and project management
• Serve as business client account manager for specific client relationships and support other team members to enhance and deepen their specific client relationships
• Develop annual business plan for the federal civilian market
• Regularly report regional status to the national federal market leadership team
• Communicate federal civilian business performance at the end of each accounting period
• Identify new business opportunities and expand existing client relationships
• Lead capture strategy on key marketing and business development opportunities
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional/approval agencies
• Conduct employee performance evaluations; responsible for performance development of one to two staff members
• Bachelor’s Degree in building and design Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field from an accredited program; advanced degrees preferred
• 15-20 years of related experience in architecture/engineering or planning projects with prior management experience in all phases of projects including sales, business development and/or marketing
• Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) is desirable
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a U.S. Government Secret Security clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to hire
• Demonstrate a record of maintaining and expanding client relationships, advancing revenue goals
• Demonstrate experience with significant programs in Architecture, Engineering, Design-Build, Construction Management, Environmental Compliance, National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental laws and regulations, Master Planning, Geospatial Information Technology, Cybersecurity, and related projects or programs
• Understand the industry, market trends/drivers, and nuances of the Federal Civilian/non-DoD marketplace and possess the ability to determine the direction and driving influences of new business
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information in a range of formats to all levels of senior leadership, employees, clients and public officials
• Maintain established trusted advisor relationships with key clients and consultants in the Federal Civilian sector
• Knowledge of the budget process, contracting regulations, regulatory issues and key players within the federal civilian/non-DoD agencies
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or other presentation software
• Ability to travel extensively including client visits, conferences and evening events
• Preferred locations for this position are Pittsburgh, PA or Alexandria, VA. There may be flexibility dependent upon experience.