To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
- Vaco - Indianapolis
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Specialist
Vaco Staffing • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
In this fast-paced environment, you will have an opportunity to apply your excellent telephone skills as well as further develop your customer service skills and play a role in the company's growing operations.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Meets and achieves department standards for phone availability/logged in times, quality audits, call handle ratio, and documenting call activity in the administration system.
- Answers incoming telephone inquiries from customers or their representatives; validates the identity of the caller prior to any information being released.
- Strives to resolve each inquiry and knows when to escalate calls to ensure exceptional service for the caller.
- Prepares illustrations for the annuitization of deferred annuity contracts and communicates living benefit payout information for fixed indexed annuities.
- Distributes the appropriate service forms to customers, beneficiaries and agents via mail or fax, with instructions for completing and returning documents for processing.
- Completes tasks such as return mail, 1035 transfer follow ups, and returning voicemails, in addition to completing requests for forms and address changes.
- Participates in special projects that help support Contract Administration, Customer Service or Agency Service units, and may work on special project teams that cross department lines.
Skills & Experience Required
- High School diploma or GED
- Three to five years high volume call center experience
- One to three years life insurance and/or annuity experience
- One to three years customer service experience
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult service situations
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
- Quick thinking to resolve inquiries and meet customers' needs
- Excellent aptitude for math and understanding of income tax applications
- Must be resourceful and effective in dealing with diverse situations
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding and various software packages such as MS Word and Excel and customer relationship management (CRM) applications
- Professional designations such as LOMA's Associate Life Management Institute (ALMI), Associate Customer Service (ACS), Associate Annuity Products and Administration (AAPA) or Fellow Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI) preferred but not required