Title Officer Assistant
Members Title of California is hiring a Title Officer Assistant at our office in Ashburn, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to serve as title officer assistant for all refinance and resale transactions. The incumbent provides support to company staff, credit union members, clients and vendors, to clear title on all transaction closing through Members Title Company of CA, Inc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Assists/Manages all phases of title search/clearing/issue process, including retrieving title data, insuring prompt delivery of title data, reviewing title data, preparing title commitments and preliminary reports, delivery of title data to related parties, clearance of title issues, and preparation of final title policies
- May also include escrow related functions
- including file opening
- coordinating parties
- obtaining loan payoffs
- obtaining subordination agreements
- preparation of closing packages
- review of executed documents
- delivery of executed documents
- recording coordination, and disbursement of funds
- Performs filing, scanning and other administrative tasks as needed
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience that provides necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- At least 5+ years of Title and/or other relevant experience required
- Knowledge of basic escrow functions
- Strong knowledge of title underwriting issues and remedies for correction
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications and settlement software
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills required.
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills are required.
- Must exercise srtong customer service skills, and be able to work well independently.
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines required.
- Effective time management skills required.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at Phone number blocked - click to apply.