To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA 50301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Business Development Consultant-UH (IOWA)
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Des Moines, IA
Posted 2 months ago
United Heartland - Reporting to Chicago field region
(Remote position) Handling the state of Iowa
Develops and manages independent agency relationship including the development of new business and retention of existing business in a region or territory. Reviews, analyzes, approves or rejects complex business within letter of authority. Serve as liaison with company personnel regarding company business opportunities and problem resolution. Responsible for assisting in establishing the territory's or region's overall agency plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS (Core for ALL):
- Calculates, prepares and develops premium quotations using corporate underwriting guidelines within letter of authority.
- Determines underwriting eligibility for prospective policyholders and develops appropriate pricing for new business, renewals, and endorsements.
- Analyzes and reviews prospective accounts for insurability and accepts or rejects within letter of authority.
- Develops and manages agency relationships.
- Develops agency plans in cooperation with other staff.
- Addresses agents' and policyholders' concerns/needs.
- Responsible for development of new business, profitability and retention of existing business in a given territory or region.
- Explains and emphasizes benefit of workers' compensation insurance products and services to customers.
- Works with all internal departments to resolve problems and maintain company relations.
- Participates as necessary on special committees and task forces.
- Interprets and develops territory reports which reflect the status of the territory.
- Participates in promotional plans for both company and agent activities
- Analyzes and reviews production and loss information for agents, determines exposure and proper pricing to develop corrective action plans as needed to correct poor performance. .
- Prepares periodic reports as requested.
- Manages small territory or region under close supervision.
- Researches and coordinates responses to agents, policyholders and regulatory entities.
- Appoints and trains new agents and new agency employees on the use of company specific automation systems.
- Reviews loss trends and develops action plans to correct problem areas.
- Gathers competitive and product information from the field.
- Represents company at trade associations and exhibits to promote corporate product.
- Conducts annual agency audits.
Additional Senior Business Development Consultant Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong relationship and partnership with the claims department.
- Negotiates and develops consultative agreements with specified agents.
- Develops and plans schedule for large account service plans with claims, loss control, premium audit, and other departments as needed.
- Provides input for agency advisory council meetings.
- Provides information for and participates in rate review process.
- Independent management of a field region or territory.
- Mentors Business Development Consultants.
- Assists in the development of regional goals.
- Presents at annual staff meetings
- Demonstrates leadership in the Business Development Consultant responsibilities.