TITLE: Senior Government Contract Accountant – Accounts Receivable
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA, USA
TerraPower is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health. In 2006, TerraPower originated with Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the world. They recognized energy access was crucial to the health and economic well-being of communities and decided that the private sector needed to take action and create energy sources that would advance global energy deployment. TerraPower’s mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the nuclear field. As a result, the company’s activities in the fields of nuclear energy and related sciences are yielding significant innovations in the safety and economics of nuclear power, hybrid energy and medical applications – all for significant human health benefits.
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape and bringing forward the critical production of medical isotopes. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in an effort to proactively recruit, hire, and promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Senior Government Contract Accountant – Accounts Receivable
The Senior Government Contract Accountant – Accounts Receivable will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and submission of invoices for customers in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) for all contract types. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge in GAAP, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and user experience in NetSuite and Concur.
- Prepare invoices for all types of government contracts to include: Cost reimbursable, time and material, progress payments, and firm fixed price
- Prepare and issue invoices in accordance with contract terms and compliance with FAR
- Obtain required approvals from project managers per contractual terms
- Able to identify unallowable costs according to government rules and/or contractual terms
- Review government travel from subrecipients for FAR & travel policy compliance
- Ensure proper coding of GL/department/project billable codes in NetSuite
- Provide timely reports for project managers (PM) and the project management organization (PMO)
- Ensure all collections are current. Monitor AR aging
- Work closely with stakeholders to resolve issues related to billing and payment of invoices/bills
- Submits invoices electronically per customer requirements and system
- Support month end close, general ledger accounting including account reconciliations and journal entry posting
- AR file maintenance
- Ability to implement policies and procedures to help improve efficiencies
- Ability to perform moderately complex accounting tasks/analysis, categorize data for reporting and audit purpose
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/government policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from stakeholders
- Support Audits for allowable and unallowable costs
- Support government property tracking
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. degree in Accounting or related field or the equivalent business-experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an accounting environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and able to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems (NetSuite, Concur)
- Knowledge of NetSuite is preferred
- Knowledge of direct and indirect cost, allowable and unallowable expenses
- Working knowledge of government grants and/or government contracts is preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy
- Capable of quickly comprehending new information and technologies
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals, deal with complex accounting/project codes/org codes.
- Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Must be team oriented, willing to operate within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
TerraPower’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
Please visit [ Link removed ] to apply