Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award winning health systems in Washington state - CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers.
At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
Ophthalmic Assistant Responisbilities:
Assists Ophthalmologists/Optometrists by performing clerical and clinical duties required to most effectively handle the day-to-day functioning of their practices.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
* Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
* Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
* Flexible health spending accounts: DCFSA and FSA
* Health Savings Account - (HSA) for use with the high deductible health plan
* Short and long term disability programs
* Employer paid life insurance
* 401a and 403b retirement programs
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Bright Horizons programs for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
'We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.'
High School/GED required. 6 months working in an optometry or ophthalmology practice preferred.
Specific skills in support of clinic operations will either be demonstrated by the candidate or will be taught if the candidate is untrained. These include: understanding ophthalmic testing and the use of ophthalmic instruments and equipment; a cursory knowledge of anatomy, pharmacology, medical terminology, sterilization techniques, and basic eye care.
This is a temporary position in order to hire individuals from the outside who have skills or experience but no certification. A newly hired employee must obtain JCAHPO COA within 18 months of employment, then transfer to the COA job title.
Basic skills in operating a computer and office equipment are critical. Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills; strong communication skills and organizational skills required. Ability to make chart documentation with entry into electronic medical record.
- Audio Equipments
- Clinical Works
- Customer Relationship Management