Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is the leading health care provider in Chicago’s North and Northwest suburbs offering a Level I Trauma Center, access to national clinical trials and advanced medical technologies. As a nationally recognized academic and research hospital, patients have access to the most advanced treatment in the areas of cardiology, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics and women’s health. Lutheran General Hospital is a member of Advocate Health Care, Illinois’ largest health care system and one of the nation’s Top 10 Health Care systems.
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER/NURSING
- Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge
- Part Time - Day/PM
- Includes Weekend and Holiday Rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- CPR certified.
- Demonstrates required competencies and skills.
- Ability to lift and transport patients, equipment, and other heavy items (up to 100 lbs.).
- Ability to work in a fast~paced environment with established time constraints and in difficult situations.
- May be exposed to body substances and hazardous materials.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and days of the week, including weekends.
- Ability to flex hours in order to meet patient care needs.
- Physical ability to manage aggressive patients.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
Assists with patient care through implementation of a structured treatment program, milieu management and related patient care functions under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse.
Initiates personal growth and professional development.
Establishes therapeutic relationships with patients.
Assists patients needing physical care.
Maintenance of a safe environment.
Documents all pertinent information, accurately and completely.
Contributes to the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary plan of care.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.
Medication Therapy Management