Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Data Scientist to work at Fidelity in Boston, MA!
How should AI tools and techniques be applied to the investing process? We are expanding our AIML (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) team for asset management at Fidelity’s AI Center of Excellence to deepen our use of AI in asset management. We are looking for a creative thinker with the technical knowledge to lead and come up with innovative ideas for the applications of AI for asset management. The ideal person is intellectually curious, persistent with the details, mathematically and technically capable, a strong communicator that can converse with AI specialists and business partners, and has an entrepreneurial spirit to push the frontiers of what is possible in the application of AI in the finance domain. If this sounds like a great fit, come join our team!
You will partner with business stakeholders to identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, cutting edge open source methods/technologies, lead ML strategy and road map planning, work across teams and influence the direction of the teams that we work with. The ideal candidate will combine expert AI/ML/Open Source/Tech knowledge with hands-on experience building algorithms/models/programming and outstanding business skills (revenue/cost drivers, customer experience, customer journey, communication, etc.) to manage and deliver complex/critical projects driving significant value to Fidelity.
At Fidelity’s Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence (AI COE), you won’t be just tinkering around the edges, you’ll be building critical solutions that will benefit our clients for years to come. Collect requirements and deliver high value AI/ML solutions that drive customer, shareholder, and business value. The AI COE houses some of the highest caliber scientists, mathematicians and statisticians who implement the use of rigorous AI & quantitative approaches to ensure that we are efficiently building algorithms and technology relevant to the business or customer experience issue at hand. Those of us who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the industry.
The Expertise You Have:
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical fields.
- Advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies.
- Hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (regression, decision trees/random forest, neural networks, feature selection/reduction, clustering, parameter tuning, etc.). Familiarity with reinforcement learning is highly desirable.
- Experience in evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing tools for a project.
- Experience in projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams. Three to five successfully launched ML projects would be ideal.
- Programming skills in Python, Spark, Scala, R, SQL, or MatLab
- Experience in the financial domain and familiarity with financial models are highly desirable
The Skills You Bring:
- Ability to partner closely with a diverse set of business partners to identify needs and deliver solutions
- Ability to gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously. Develop compelling and insightful recommendations to inform strategi research decisions by leaders and teams.
- Ability to improve the diversity of thought of the broader AI team through your background and/or experience
- Proven expertise synthesizing and presenting research/technical findings to diverse audiences
- Your solid skills in algorithm development and predictive modeling
- Your deep knowledge of some combination of the following:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Deep Learning, Neural Networks
- Reinforcement Learning
- Real Time Event Detection and Scoring
- Multivariate Statistics
- Time series analysis, Econometrics
- Robotic Process Automation
- Cloud ML
- Sound discernment and a strategic mentality vis-à-vis the broader context of your research
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile business environment
- Leads execution against recommendations quickly and accurately.
- Prioritizes pace over perfection and is comfortable in the face of changing circumstances and business priorities
- Excited by complex and high-impact AI research questions
- Approaches every project with passion, conscientiousness, and inclusiveness
- Intellectually curious and open to new experiences, challenging the status quo
- Has fun at work and brings joy to the team with a positive attitude and humor!
- Enjoys teaching, mentoring, and building relationships with partners across the organization.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Scientist.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Information about Fidelity Investments
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Scientist.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Scientist.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Spark
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Asset Management