To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brewton, AL 36426
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Axle & Manufacturing • Brewton, AL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleQuality Manager
Job Description SummaryThe Quality Manager will oversee the daily operations of quality and lean activities, including quality system and audits, and regulations requirement coordination. This person will foster teamwork across departments to ensure full support of the above. This role leads the team with a hands-on approach and heavy floor presence. The QM will develop and implement effective programs, procedures, processes, goals, and methods to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, corporate quality policies, and applicable industry quality standards. The QM will ensure that all customer communications and activities are thorough, effective and timely. As well, aggressively drive continuous improvement, and actively participates in Kaizen activity. This person will manage all product and process audits and the corrective/preventive action system used to ensure compliance; manages all aspects of quality activities associated with the supplier base.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes quality by orienting, training, assigning, and coaching employees.
- Meets quality standards by enforcing production, productivity, quality, customer-service, safety, security, and health standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Controls product quality inspection actions by enforcing manuals, resources, and web sites.
- Resolves product quality standard applications by examining and interpreting specifications, and correcting vague references.
- Provides management planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing product quality results data and trends.
- Contributes to the quality department and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Consolidates, analyzes, and reports key quality metrics on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement.
- Leads the management team in the review of facility’s quality metrics using disciplined problem-solving techniques to identify, implement, and correct/prevent actions.
- Manages the quality team in addition to associated resources for quality-assurance coverage; will build and support a high-performing team by managing goals/metrics, providing timely feedback on performance, and facilitating the talent-management process.
- Ensures the proper bench strength of the quality team and the development of its associates.
- Establishes project plans and manage initiatives based on defined priorities, anticipating cross-functional and cross-team collaboration opportunities, and coaches team members on timely and accurate accomplishment of goals, providing access to development experiences as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- BA/BS plus minimum 8 years professional experience; Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience supplying the automotive market.
- Ductile Iron Foundry experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive Experience in the following areas - Quality Management, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Dealing with Customers, Accuracy and Attention to Detail, New Product Launches, Analytical Thinking, Policy/Procedure Development
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail email@example.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.