To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
Our Operations function oversees the day-to-day functions of our managed hotel portfolio, ensuring that our guests receive an exceptional hospitality experience and that we remain a leader in the hospitality industry.
What will I be doing?
Would you love to assist in the development of merchandise assortments for multi store operations with the goal to drive sales and increase profits for Hilton? If so, we believe you would enjoy this role. As an Assistant Buyer, you will report directly to the Senior Manager, Resort Retail. You will be partnering directly with the managers, foster positive communication with stores and vendors, data entry, purchase orders, vendor follow-up, delivery issues and purchase order completion.
Our team of retail and leasing authorities are available to assist all managed properties with revenue generation. Our retail services include store design & set-up, procurement of merchandise and fixtures, stock planning, monthly financial reviews, store operations reviews, training of retail staff and merchandising direction. Retail managers use the power of Hilton Hotels & Resorts to negotiate vendor discounts and buy for resort retail and spa stores. Our leasing team assists managed properties with all of their revenue generating contractual needs including exploring opportunities, requesting and analyzing proposals, negotiating agreements and drafting contracts. Leasing services include leases, licenses and service agreements.
More specifically, you will:
- Create new vendor and item set-up and PO (purchase order) entry for resort shops.
- Follow-up on execution of business strategies, order tracking, quality and quantity of product received, receiving issues, invoice payments and return to vendor as needed.
- Provide analysis of retail metrics and collaborate with the retail team to measure store performance and provide recommendations on opportunities to improve results.
- Assist managers in monitoring items sales and vendor results, suggesting pricing strategies to improve sales and stock positions.
- Partner with managers in developing in-store and on-line promotion strategies and markdowns of aged inventory to improve floor space and optimize revenue.
- Participate in ongoing competitive shopping and marketplace research to identify emerging product trends and new product categories.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Motivated, hardworking, self-starter open to helping where needed
- A collaborative and hard-working problem solver who builds and maintains inclusive and cooperative working relationships with fellow team members, vendors and guests
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Proficient working in Microsoft Office
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Two (2) years of retail experience
- Travel 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) years of buying experience in a retail environment
- Three (3) years in hospitality, fashion or chain retail businesses
- Previous Project Management or Process Management experience
- Experience with retail inventory management and Point of Sale systems
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Previous experience buying, selling, retail development, design, management, finances and strategic planning
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!