National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board. We have an immediate opening for a TM and Logistics Execution Lead at our Charlotte, NC Headquarters location. This position will report to the Director, Logistics & Supply Chain.
This position is over transportation planning and logistics execution business processes and, directs the day to day activities of the logistics managers and staff. This associate must have strong logistics management experience, and also be expert in the functional use of our SAP Transportation Management system for our key plant and HQ logistics and TM processes.
In addition to the above – this associate must understand and spread/grow expertise for logistics staff on key TM master data [business shares, zones, lanes, and freight rates], SAP Shipment and TM processes and document flow, TM Planning, Delivery and Shipment Creation, Loading/Picking, Freight Settlements, etc. This position will direct critical day to day activities of the logistics team to secure and manage freight for all customer orders, inbound purchase orders, and stock transport orders.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Direct daily activities of logistics team to secure transportation, establish external warehousing, and handle distribution at the lowest total cost to maintain operations and strong customer service.
- Assists logistics director in developing procurement strategies; managing bid processes; negotiations; contracts; and contingency planning for transportation and supply disruptions.
- Assists logistics team in leveraging SAP in shipment tracing; expediting; addressing carrier billing and payment issues; determining root cause of service failures and implementing process changes to prevent service failures.
- Ensures that Logistics associates and plant TM planners understand and properly adhere to SOP’s for new SAP TM and Logistics business processes.
- Trains, Develops and Supports Logistics associates and plant TM planners in using SAP to manage all inbound and outbound transportation.
- Directs and trains logistics staff in maintaining critical SAP TM master data including lanes, carriers, business shares, freight rates, etc.
- Supports logistics staff and TM planners in troubleshooting and resolving SAP TM issues such as blocked or failed deliveries, freight orders without carrier assignments, PGI failures. Grows logistics team and plant subject matter experts in these skills.
- Works with Plant TM planners and logistics staff to ensures understanding and adherence to processes for delivery creation, shipment creation, manual planning of partial trucks, generation of pick lists, picking processes [both manual and with scanner], customer returns, pack list and BOL creation and reprint, etc.
- Supports TM and Logistics associates in understanding how to create useful ECC/TM Integration and Freight Order personal object work lists [all order-based transportation requirements, all freight orders, resendable, outbound - not shipped, etc.].
- Ensures SAP TM users know how to use POWL’s to perform daily checks to ensure deliveries and shipments are fully processed, carriers are paid, loads are PGI’d, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years business experience in corporate transportation management and/or working with truck load motor carrier; railroad; and inter-modal transportation suppliers.
- Strong expertise in SAP Transportation Management [master data; ECC-TM integration, document flow; delivery and shipment processing; carrier assignment and tendering processes; freight settlement processing; plant and carrier document creation; picking – both manual and with scanner; customer returns; manual carrier assignment; backwards processing from reverse PGI back, etc.]
- Self-starter and team player. Holds self and team members accountable.
- Must be: multi-tasker; organized; proactive; flexible; strong communicator; customer service oriented, accountable, and goal / achievement focused.
- Limited travel required [up to 20%].
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) with employer match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our company’s website to view all of our exciting employment opportunities at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to TM and Logistics Execution Lead . Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Transportation Management Systems