You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Human Resources Associate
In this blended role, the HR Associate will be responsible for (1) serving as an HR Business Partner by providing employee relations/generalist support to holding company and member company clients on key strategic initiatives, as needed and (2) sourcing, screening, and successfully onboarding qualified candidates to fill open positions across holding company and eventually, member companies. The incumbent will be expected to assist in creating quarterly and annual talent management plans, review and create recruitment-related documents like job descriptions and interview questions, create and review offer letters, and track human capital management metrics.
As an Associate, you will:
- Be accountable for timely development and execution of all phases of the full cycle talent acquisition process from candidate generation to onboarding.
- Support the development of company HR processes, procedures, best practices, and reporting capabilities.
- Support new hires by developing and implementing onboarding processes, introducing to policies, reviewing position duties, and completing any necessary paperwork.
- Support the recruitment process across operating companies to ensure that the right talent is available when needed, build and support talent pipelines.
- Lead, direct, manage, and oversee the Public Policy Holding Company Annual Fellowship Program.
- Ensures that all companywide hiring procedures are compliant with standard legal practices and policies, recommend policy updates as needed.
- Collaborate with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria; ensure that position descriptions for all positions across the organization are accurate and updated; partner with operating company contacts to develop position descriptions.
- Assist with the interview process, attend and conduct interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain pay structures and compensation grades, ensure recruitment activity aligns with established structures.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other HR staff during the offer process, identify and recommend salary terms, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details to ensure acceptance of the best offer possible
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies; support the development of companywide best practices.
- Attend and participate in college job fairs and recruiting sessions as needed.
- Support VP of Human Resources in special projects and additional duties, as assigned.
To be successful, you will need:
• Strong business partnering capabilities; ability to create effective and productive work relationships
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to proactively anticipate business needs
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to operate with integrity and ethics, and maintain highest standards of confidentiality
• Willingness and ability to meet and exceed established deadlines
• Dependability and reliability
• Be able to adjust to flexible work schedules
• A passion for data
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to employment and recruitment.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other HRIS systems
• A “Can – Do” Attitude
We prefer that you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Full cycle talent management experience in a progressive, fast paced recruiting environment
• Minimum of 3 years of human resources experience, one of which must be within a talent acquisition capacity
• SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential or equivalent a plus.
What We Offer:
• Generous PTO policy of 3 weeks per year for all full-time employees
• 401K plan with traditional and Roth options
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for employees and families
• Competitive yearly bonus structure based on performance
• Opportunities to enroll in Flexible Spending accounts
• Company paid basic life insurance of $50,000, long term disability, and short term disability coverage
• Company paid access to a wide range of health and well-being resources and services including telephonic counseling, legal advice, and other services
• Eligibility for employee incentive equity compensation programs
Salary for this position is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, location, the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience, as well as contract specific affordability and organizational requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel, or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Public Policy Holding Company (PPHC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. PPHC does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI16-10440_3531155233
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.