You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Spa Receptionist will maintain a professional image, answer spa telephone calls, effectively handle all guest requests and input spa reservations for guests/members. The Spa Receptionist asks guests for information for their needs and provides tailored recommendations for treatments, services and products that are best suited for the guest.
This individual will ensure the highest level of personalized, friendly and outstanding guest/member service that exceeds expectations. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Opening the Spa at the beginning of day checking to ensure that all work from the previous day was completed to standard
• Interact with guests, always displaying proper etiquette following Tucker’s Point standards of excellence
• Extending a warm personalized welcome to guests/members who enters the Spa and bidding a fond farewell as they leave spa and hotel boutique facilities
• Effectively discuss with guests/members their product recommendations as provided by the therapist and provide accurate, detailed information that is tailored to each specific guest/member regarding product purchases. This includes: actively promote the spa, treatments, retail sales at spa & hotel boutique, services, and sessions as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
• Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well-organized work area
• Processing billing for all guests/members including service charges and retail sales using the computerized POS system
• Effectively communicate with spa staff regarding daily appointments, requests and special requests
• Liaising with guests/members ensuring satisfaction and dealing with guest/member complaints efficiently and effectively ensuring that all guests/members leave the Spa pleased
• Reviewing the daily reservation system to ensure effective distribution of services amongst therapists and stylist to maximize occupancy in the Spa
• Assist Spa Management with producing reports from SpaSoft system
• Perform other administrative/customer service duties as required
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
• Must have basic knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office administration, Internet applications.
• Retail selling and contributing to meeting monthly spa retail sales goals.
• Knowledge of specific spa industry applications is desirable.
• Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the Spa and hotel.
• Must have knowledge of current spa trends in the industry.
• Must be able to relate to all levels of management and associates.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Lead by example and be a mentor for spa associates to follow (in particular reception).
• Must have technical awareness and knowledge of a wide variety of Spa treatments and products.
• Must be open to learning about treatments and concepts that derive from other cultures.
• Must have knowledge of leadership techniques.
• Must be capable of training.
• Working with the spa management team to achieve optimal customer service and also to meet and discuss issues, concerns and praises for the staff.
• Must be familiar with inventory control and five star customer care.
• Must have the ability to remain level headed under challenging situations.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guests and hotel information at all times.
• Ability to work cohesively with other departments as part of a team
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI11-10440_3437854181
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.