RN - Operating Room
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.Job Responsibilities/Duties
The Perioperative Registered Nurse uses the nursing process, to design, coordinate, and deliver patient care that meets the identified needs of patients having operative procedures. May act as scrub or circulating nurse in various procedures. Demonstrates thorough knowledge and application of aseptic techniques, and defined practice standards for operating room and infection prevention. Acts as a role model to nursing students, and new nurses to the unit.
- Administers patient medications, coordinates treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner. Ensures accurate control and accounting on the sterile field. Recognizes critical deviations in patient conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Effectively utilizes surgical preference procedure cards, making and communicating changes as appropriate.
- Exercises independent judgement and decision making to control the OR environment and maintain sterile field, privacy, body temp, and manage potential for discomfort, injury, or risks of infection. Verifies operative procedure site and side, with the patient's statement and written consent, ensuring time out procedures are followed and correcting any inconsistencies. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, or ethnic background. Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out relationships with the patient and co-workers.
- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team, physicians, and surgeons ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff through different levels of care. Delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for patients that considers patient age, cultural and religious preferences. Supports the patients participation in planning for their care and acts as a source of information, articulately responding to questions and providing resources/education.
Minimum Education: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of operating room experience as Registered Nurse or completion of approved Perioperative Services training program required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including on-call, evenings, nights, weekend, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support and AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred. Certified Nurse Operating Room Certification (CNOR) preferred.
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
MP1How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: URL blocked - click to apply
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Perioperative, Surgery, Recovery, Operating Room, OR
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit