Signode, a leading producer of strapping and packaging systems is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing family. This position plans, develops, implements and maintains the accounting controls, transactions and related
reporting systems required to properly report accurately and timely for business unit. This opportunity is with the Signode Service Business, part of the Signode family of businesses with over 100 years of history in the packaging industry.
- Product line & customer profitability analysis
- G/L account reconciliations and analysis
- Inventory accounting and analysis
- Payroll processing and recording to G/L
- Freight expense audit and entry
- Sales commission calculations
- Internal, External & Gov’t auditor interface
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting and/or Finance required
- 2 Years of experience required and a working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Is able to work independently and within a team.
- Possess a high level of skill in communications, problem-solving and process improvements.
- Has leadership potential.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
- Possess an advanced level understanding of Microsoft Office software.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Standard Accounting Practices