To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inpatient Scheduler - Director Allied Health, Part-time (16hrs/week)
AbilityLab • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
The Inpatient Scheduler is responsible for scheduling therapy and related activities for all current inpatients utilizing guidelines and direction from inpatient managers. The Scheduler also arranges and schedules shared services with the ordered departments at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and coordinate and schedules dialysis schedules.
The Inpatient Scheduler consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Inpatient Scheduler demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Schedule is Monday (10AM-6:30PM) and Friday (7AM-3:30PM)
1. Create a daily schedule of all SRAlab inpatients and inpatient therapists.
2. Ensure that all inpatient admissions are scheduled for 2 days of evaluation for all appropriate therapy disciplines by 6 p.m. on day of admission.
3. Schedule all current inpatient SRAlab inpatients for ongoing treatment utilizing the scheduling template provided by the patient's clinical team by 6 p.m. daily
4. Efficiently modify the patient's schedule based on requests from clinics and clinicians outside of the patient's unit.
5. Ensure that all appropriate group therapy sessions are running at appropriate times on each floor according to the floor's specifications.
6. Utilize information provided by the therapists (therapists will turn this in by days end on Thursday for the entire next week) to ensure and each therapist is booked at appropriate/doable times each day (i.e. schedule around specified and standing meetings, journal clubs, etc.).
7. Prepare daily scheduling template for each inpatient unit; modify patient names to reflect census and expected admissions; input outside appointments, family teaching and obligations that will prevent the patient from doing therapy at a particular time (rest, AA meeting, etc.).
8. Reschedules and alters patients'' schedules dependent upon cancellations and other interruptions.
9. Collaborates with Managers to ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet the volume of patient admissions.
10. Maintains and communicates therapist and/or physician schedule regarding admissions, discharges, cancellations and rescheduling In the event of therapist absence, makes adjustments to the schedule to ensure that all coverage needs are met. Works with the Managers to triage workload including seeking coverage from in-house floaters and Flex staff.
11. Proactively addresses and resolves scheduling dilemmas in consultation with managers and/or other pertinent providers/staff. Is knowledgeable of clinician skills and program specialties and schedules patients accordingly.
1. Reports directly to Director, Allied Health
1. High School diploma, Associates Degree or Certificate in a Medical Administration Program or comparable program preferred.
2. One to three years experience in a health care field with knowledge of hospital systems.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft applications: intermediate level skills in the use of Outlook and Word and basic level skills in Excel.
4. Proficient keyboarding skills: average data entry skills. Strong understanding of data entry and ability to learn hospital information systems.
5. Evidence of strong customer service skills/experience that match the SRAlab Experience standards. Ability to interact with dignity and respect to all customers, whether internal or external.
6. Effective verbal and written communication skills that convey a caring and competent professional attitude.
7. Strong organizational skills necessary to efficiently prioritize and complete a variety of tasks.
8. Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment to maximize quality and efficiency of operations.
9. Ability to set priorities; flexibility to meet changing patient and system needs.
10. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
11. Ability to handle difficult individuals or situations in a professional and compassionate manner.
1. Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.