Are you a creative, self-driven engineering professional that thrives in fast-paced environments; cultivating new ideas, and collaborating with key stakeholders to expand a business? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
As part of our Engineering team, you would analyze data, draft implementation plans for production process optimization. Seeking out ways to maximize efficiencies by eliminating the waste of valuable resources that directly impact our overall operating costs. You are instrumental to the manufacturing of Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, and our other product brands, to meet the needs of our customers and consumers.
The Maintenance Planner Scheduler is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes by managing work priority, developing job plans, defining parts, materials, crafts and skills. Assigns work control plans to appropriate Supervisors for execution by the hourly maintenance staff. Provides equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving maintenance activities. This position is the owner / manager of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) at the plant level.Core Responsibilities
- Plans all maintenance with special attention to regulatory requirements that may apply, e.g. OSHA rules, EPA regulations, USDA requirements, state and local environmental regulations. Ensures all safety requirements are clearly defined in all maintenance planning.
- Develops and maintains planned and predictive maintenance procedures and routes as required.
- Ensures the availability of all materials and tools necessary to complete planned tasks in advance by running reports and interfacing with storeroom personnel.
- Prioritizes all planned work orders.
- Trains maintenance personnel in proper maintenance reporting procedures for out-of-specification findings, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
- Reviews completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, updates and supervises updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system. Analyzes historical data in order to take action to mitigate reoccurring issues.
- Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules. Keeps informed of maintenance personnel vacation schedules.
- Updates the CMMS system equipment including machinery data, machinery history, and spare parts lists.
- Produces a weekly maintenance work schedule as well as a projected work schedule. Using the CMMS system, forecasts work force needs for equipment maintenance. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- May perform supervisory duties in lieu of Maintenance Supervisor absence.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of plant maintenance experience, required.
- AA preferred, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, Internet and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, required.
- Project management software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CMMS system, preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems