To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Petaluma, CA 94954
- Monica Garcia
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kavaliro • Petaluma, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. As such, this position will coordinate the month-end close tasks of A/P, A/R, Inventory, Payroll, as well as being primarily responsible for Cash transactions, Fixed Assets and other Balance Sheet accounts.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller, and have direct contact with key personnel at all staff levels, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Direct Supervisor: Controller
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation
- Performs daily banking activities including wire payments, foreign exchange payments, and recording on the books
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for internal and external reporting
- Prepares annual property tax returns
- Assists with annual external financial review and tax return work papers
- Assists with sales tax compliance
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 years Accounting experience
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV or equivalent
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables. Ability to quickly and efficiently learn and operate additional work-related software
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by employee. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required by
all employees. Employees may perform other duties assigned. In addition to above, all Scott Laboratories employees are expected to:
- promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed work area and practice good safety habits
- provide customers with highest quality products and services
- understand and apply quality improvement processes